Looking for a way to escape the scorching summer temps in Bucharest this summer? Since the city isn’t known for its beaches, you might be wondering where you can go to cool off from the heat. The answer is Therme Bucuresti, the perfect place to relax and beat the heat this summer!
About Therme Bucuresti
Therme Bucuresti is the largest spa and wellness center not only in Romania, but in all of Europe! Large, modern, and exciting for the whole family, a trip to Therme is a must when you’re in the Romanian capital. You’ll feel like you’ve escaped to a lush, tropical paradise when in reality you’re just outside of Bucharest. 800,000 plants, 1500 palm trees, and flowers of all kinds adorn this thoroughly unique spa. Even better, Therme Bucuresti focuses on green technology and sustainability to power the center!
There are three packages that you can choose from, depending on the experience you’re looking for:
- Galaxy – the cheapest option, starting at 49 Lei per adult for 3 hours or 70 Lei for the day. This area is family-friendly and puts a focus on fun and pampering.
- The Palm – starts at 59 Lei per adult for 3 hours, up to 80 Lei for a full day. This is where you’ll find relaxation with a tropical twist.
- Elysium – starts at 79 Lei per adult, a day pass costs 100 Lei plus additional costs. Gives you full access to all facilities.
Address: Calea Bucureşti 1K
Facilities and activities
Therme Bucuresti is more than a spa. It markets itself as a wellness and entertainment center for its diverse array of facilities and activities that it offers guests. Here’s what each area has to offer:
- Galaxy – water slides, indoor wave pool, outdoor pool with bar, and a sandy, palm-filled beach. You can bring the whole family here to have fun in the water and then relax poolside or on the beach. The area also features the Galaxy Relax Zone where you can chill and recharge your batteries. If you’re feeling hungry, check out the dining options at the Galaxy Snack Bar or restaurant.
- The Palm – your island getaway in Bucharest includes indoor and outdoor pools, lush vegetation, jacuzzis, hammocks, hydromassage chairs, and a pool bar. 3 mineral pools and sun lounge chairs are available for extra relaxation. Also, there is a restaurant in this zone that features, healthy, tasty fare.
- Elysium – the ultimate spa experience includes 6 themed saunas, massage rooms, a panoramic pool, zinc pool, and lounge. The dining options here are spectacular, as well as every detail put into the wellness area.
Additionally, each area offers wellness and fitness classes, along with other activities. You can find a sample list here.
Therme Bucuresti is just outside of Bucharest, about 10 minutes north. You can get there by taking the free Therme bus from the city, which runs every day of the week. Since the bus can be infrequent, you may also consider taking a taxi. The spa is open every day of the week, with varying hours on the weekend. To save time, you can buy your tickets ahead of time online and present them upon arrival.
Each area has lockers and changing rooms. Upon entry, you are given an electronic bracelet which acts as a key to your locker. This bracelet is also your “credit card” inside the spa so that there’s no need to carry cash. Anything you want to purchase can be done by using the bracelet.
While Therme Bucuresti sells many items you may forget, it’s best to know ahead of time what to bring. These are the essentials:
- Flip flops (mandatory to wear inside)
Therme Bucharest is the perfect place to cool off, relax, and truly get away from it all, right in Bucharest!
When planning your trip to Bucharest, there’s only one place you need to stay: with Olala Homes!